Choosing the best juicer can be overwhelming. A masticating juicer is an excellent option, so today, I will go over some of its benefits. A Masticating Juicer is a type of juicer that operates at a low speed, which keeps the nutrients intact and maximizes juice yield. It is considered “equal to whole fruit fresh-pressed.” Since it produces dehydrated pulp with no oxidation, they are also easy to clean because they do not spray juice around your kitchen as centrifugal juicers do. This article shows you how to find the best masticating juicer on the market.
What Is a Masticating Juicer?
Masticating juicers are different from the other juicers because they use a crushing and grinding machine to extract juice rather than chopping up fruits or vegetables with blades. These slow-speed machines use a single auger to grind whole food until it’s turned into juice. Masticating juicers are also known as cold press juicers because they operate at a lower temperature, around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Compared to higher-speed centrifugal models that can often run at over 110 degrees.
Masticating juicers can be very expensive, and while they take a little longer to make juice than centrifugal models, you’ll get a better yield. They heat up and spend less time in contact with the juice, which results in lower oxidation and higher nutrient content. All this makes them very popular among health enthusiasts. Who prefers drinking fresh-pressed juices to eating whole fruits or vegetables. Additionally, you can use them to prepare other things like nut butter and baby food. It makes them great additions to your kitchen. They enable you to reduce food waste and save time since you no longer have to prep fruits and vegetables by hand. Yet, it is essential to note that masticating juicers do not make juice from frozen fruits and vegetables. So you’ll still need to use a blender.
What Benefits Can Masticating Juicers Have?
Masticating juicers can be very expensive, but they have a lot of perks that can justify the cost. For starters, they have a low-speed setting that extracts all the juice from the ingredients. It means you won’t have to deal with a ton of foam when you’re making fresh-pressed juices. They also process less fruit and vegetables, so your product will last longer. They are also straightforward to clean since their components are removable, which makes them easier to maintain.
Masticating juicers are also known for their dehydrated pulp. Because they aren’t as fast as centrifugal models, they don’t spray juice all over your kitchen as centrifugal juicers do. They also have a lot of more minor plastic parts, which reduces the risk of leaking or damage.
How to Choose the Right Masticating Juicer?
It’s essential to choose the right masticating juicer for your needs. Here are some tips that can help you get started.
- Speed – These slow-speed machines have a low-speed setting that extracts all the juice from your ingredients. They also have a wide chute so that you can fit a whole lot more productive in at once, which is a lot more efficient than the fast models. Suppose you’re going to use them for different purposes. It’s best to get different machines for different tasks since they have different speeds and chutes. For instance, you could use a centrifugal juicer for your frozen fruit and vegetable juice because it has an extended chute.
- Material – Most of these are made of stainless steel, but some are made of plastic. If you’re concerned about health concerns, you’ll want to look at plastic models. If not, stainless steel is a better option since it’s more durable and will last longer. Yet, keep in mind that this might be more expensive than the other options on the market.
- Size – Masticating juicers are more significant than most centrifugal models. So if you have limited counter space or don’t have enough room for one, choosing something else might be better.
- Wattage – Most of these have a wattage range of 100-300 watts, but the more powerful models tend to be more expensive. If you’re making juices at home for personal use, then a less powerful model will suffice. But, keep in mind that if you plan to use it, you’ll need something more substantial instead.
- More Functions – Most of these have the essential juicing functions, but some models come with extra features that you might find helpful. For instance, if you plan to start a juice bar or a business at home. Getting something with many functions will help maximize your profits.
What Is the Best Masticating Juicer Available?
The best masticating juicer on the market is the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer. It has a lot of great features that make it a cut above the rest. For instance, this machine features a dual-stage juicing system that separates the pulp from the juice. Which helps to ensure there’s not too much foam in your juice. It also has a low-speed feature that allows it to process at 80 RPMs, reducing oxidation and increasing nutrient content. This model has powerful augers that crush and squeeze produce. Ensure you get all kinds of juice from your ingredients without any foam or oxidization. It has a large feed chute that can accommodate a lot of produce at once, and it comes with a pulp container so you can quickly dispose of the pulp afterward. This machine has an auto-sensing feeding system that senses when food is in the feed chute to ensure no more than 1″ will be taken out at once, preventing damage to your produce.
The benefits of this juicer don’t stop there. It’s wholly dishwasher-safe and has a locking lid that prevents leaks from keeping things in place while you’re juicing. It also has a large 250 mL juice pitcher for filling up and cleaning purposes, and it can juice complex roots like carrots and apples – something other models cannot do.
These juicers are beautiful tools – there’s no doubt about that. Yet, it depends on what you’re going to use them for. If you’re going to use them for a wide variety of purposes, the bottom line is the price. You’ll want a robust, durable model that can last a long time and hold a lot of components. These machines are built to last, and they will help you save both time and money since they eliminate the need for prepping fruit and vegetables by hand.